[mythtv-users] commflagging and cutlists

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Wed Jan 22 17:16:01 UTC 2014

On 01/20/2014 08:28 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 01/20/2014 10:48 AM, Thomas Boehm wrote:
>> Michael T. Dean wrote:
>>> Still, using the Python bindings would be much better than looking in
>>> the database.
>> I'm not a programmer and I don't intend to learn a programming language
>> if a one liner or a small bash script solves the problem ;-)
>
> If you look at the huge bash script that was posted--which is huge
> because it's written in bash instead of a more-appropriate programming
> language--you'll see that it's not a one liner or a small bash script
> solving the problem.

Here's the same thing (more or less) in python - first bit of code I
tried in python in a bunch of years.  (Client is late getting me work
and weather is too lousy to be outside...)

http://seiner.com/cz/transcode.py

Not significantly different from a lot of the other transcode scripts
except that it does transcode for the roku, which is the main point of
the exercise.

I threw in the kitchen sink while I was at it, too, just in case I
needed it.

I shamelessly copied Raymond Wagner's transcode stub from

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Transcode_wrapper_stub

:)