[mythtv-users] No Programs Listed in "Media Library"

Tom Wheeler tomwheel at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 05:20:20 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 10:19 PM, Mark Perkins <perkins1724 at hotmail.com>wrote:

> What theme are you using? One of the default themes like Mythbuntu or
> MythCenter-wide are good options (if you are not already on default
> Mythbuntu theme...).

I am using the default Mythbuntu theme, though the list of programs was
still blank using two other themes that I tried.

> Also what version of MythTV? Out of the box Mythbuntu defaults to
> 0.25/fixes whereas current supported is 0.27/fixes. In terminal:
> mythfrontend --version is probably quickest way to find out.

That command reports v0.25.2-15-g46cab93, from the 0.25/fixes branch.

I may have just stumbled onto another clue, though I don't know how to
interpret it. I installed the frontend (same version) for Windows on an old
laptop. I can connect to the backend, and the system status and upcoming
recordings are what I expect. What is odd is that the "Watch Recordings"
screen on the Windows frontend behaves exactly like it does on the
Mythbuntu system. That is, it lists no programs and says 'No recordings
available or screen loading' across the bottom.