[mythtv-users] No Programs Listed in "Media Library"

Tom Wheeler tomwheel at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 04:04:37 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 8:17 PM, Mark Perkins <perkins1724 at hotmail.com>wrote:

> I've sometimes seen a small refresh problem after I have moved some
> recordings to a new group, but normally that only happens on a single
> recording. Exit back to main menu then re-enter recordings view normally
> fixes it.

I've done this, as well as also restart the frontend, and even reboot the
entire system (which is a combined frontend/backend), but the problem
remains.

> Have the shows been deleted or auto expired? Press M once or twice to
> bring up Group Filter, select, then change to Deleted (can't remember if
> All Programmes filter shows deleted, I assume it does not).

My version of MythTV (from Mythbuntu 12.04.3) does not seem to have a
'Deleted' option here. At the top of the list is 'All Programs' (which
lists 41 items, incidentally higher than last night and evidence that it's
still recording new programs). Below that is 'Groups' (which has 'Default
[15 programs]' and 'Live TV [26 items]). After those I have 'Categories'
(which contains many subordinate items like 'News' and 'Sitcom').

I do want to point out that these are just menu items and it's not clear
from the UI that one is truly "selected." It does appear stateful: when a
particular menu item is highlighted and I hit 'Enter' on the keyboard, the
menu disappears, and when I open the menu again, that item (rather than the
topmost item) is highlighted by default.

I have tried selecting "All Programs" as well as both groups and several of
the categories. In all cases, the list of recordings is empty. Along the
bottom of the 'Watch Recordings' screen it says 'No recordings available or
screen loading.'

> If all else fails, and given you are already checking the recorded table
> in MySQL anyway, you could always 'select recgroup, chanid, starttime,
> basename from recorded;' to see what recording group they are associated
> with.

I did this and see that 15 are associated with 'Default' and 26 are
associated with 'Live TV' -- same as what's shown in the menu as I
described above.