[mythtv-users] BackBlaze hard drive study

Stephen P. Villano stephen.p.villano at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 04:01:53 UTC 2014

On 1/21/14, 10:55 PM, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 3:27 AM, Jay Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:

Ah, but the upside to one or two of these is, one need not heat one's
mansion. To balance temperature, one need only open windows in the winter.

As for noise, they're not *that* noisy to me. I've lost 45db of hearing.  :/

More seriously though, I saw a set in a datacenter once, when I asked
what it was, I was... Just *WOW*!
Not sure my home electrical system could handle that kind of additional
load. Not the primary energy requirement, the inrush and spin-up would
overload things rather badly. As I recall, the things could pull up to
55 amps inrush. I only have a 200 amp service.

As for noise, I've lost 45db of hearing anyway. They're not *that* loud
to me, these days.  :/