[mythtv-users] BackBlaze hard drive study

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 03:55:25 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 3:27 AM, Jay Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:
> [...]

Perhaps.  But they were LOUD.  As in capitals do not do them
justice.

Note that they are also deep.  And the racks you needed to
use had to either be attached vertically to the overhead, or
had to have pull out supports on bottom to handle the balance
when you pulled one out of the rack for service (they are also
heavy).  Yes, they had an entire process for safe service.
And they were power hungry.

In many ways they were great.  But, Oracle killed the standalone
product (Oracle wanted to only sell solutions, which meant
value add, which meant profit).