[mythtv-users] No Programs Listed in "Media Library"

Tom Wheeler tomwheel at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 03:45:48 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 8:53 PM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>wrote:

>> I saw in the FAQ that this is often caused by having a filter set in the
>> frontend, but I verified that this is set to 'All Programs' (and I have
>> also tried setting it to 'sitcoms' and 'news' but in any event, nothing
>> shows up).
>>
>> Any ideas as to what might be wrong or how to troubleshoot it?
>>

> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Frequently_Asked_Questions#Why_aren.27t_my_new_
> recordings_showing_up_in_Watch_Recordings.3F
>
> Mike

I am left wondering whether you missed that I already read the FAQ entry on
this or if you're trying to point out a subtle nuance I overlooked. Even a
little bit of commentary along with your link would be helpful.

As I explained in my original post, the group filter is set to 'All
Programs.' I realize that the FAQ also mentions that the view should also
be set to 'All Programs' but there is no such setting in my version of
MythTV (Mythbuntu 12.04.3). I have, however, selected every combination of
checkboxes under the group view and none of them solved the problem. I am
very experienced with Linux, so if there is some more definitive way to
verify the settings besides going through the GUI (e.g. an rc file or
something), I'd be interested to know about it.