[mythtv-users] Question on recording sizes and DVD burning

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Tue Jan 21 22:08:03 UTC 2014

On 21/01/14 21:53, Joseph DeGraw wrote:

> Hummm Ok, This recorded movie is 2 hours long and is about 10 gigs at
> 1920x1080 HD. Its been running since 9:52AM today and its now 4:50PM and
> appears mythffmpeg (thru mytharchive) is still running. Alot of my
> comcast stations are 720i but some are actually real HD. I just didnt
> think it would take this long to burn it to a dvd. However, I am no
> expert in this area. Its using (or has available thru the command line )
> 6 cores of my AMD processor. My thinking is 2 cores for system and such
> left over. Currently mythffmpeg is using 100 percent in top.
>
> jdegraw

I think it's going round in circles, probably because of -copyts.  Try
the command line without.  ffmpeg command lines are known to have been
subject to change and the transcoder probably hasn't been widely used.

I'd still like to know the ffmpeg -i output for this recording - and,
since you said you had had some success, if all yours are similar.

Cheers,

John P