[mythtv-users] mythnetvision and flash full screen videos

Oliver Kühn okuehn at gmx.net
Tue Jan 21 08:23:53 UTC 2014

On 21.01.2014 03:41, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 01/20/2014 03:27 PM, Oliver Kühn wrote:
>> i discovered a strange behavior of watching flash full screen videos
>> in mythtv.
>>
>> using mythnetvision to search and watch internet videos is working
>> fine for search scripts like 'Movie Trailers' or 'BBC iPlayer'.
>> mythbrowser is beeing displayed and the flash video gets played.
>> But for search scripts which are using adobe flash in full screen
>> like 'YouTube' or 'Dailymotion' there is only sound, but no video. it
>> seems that the fullscreen flash video is played behind mythfrontend.
>> and when i press ESC mythfrontend crashes.
>>
>> however, by accident i discovered a strange workaround: when i'm
>> connected via VNC (x11vnc) in parallel to my TV the full screen flash
>> video is working!
>>
>> does anybody else has some issues with watching flash full screen in
>> mythtv? or probably any solution for this?
>>
>> i'm using mythtv 0.27/fixes on fedora 20 x64 with latest
>> flash-plugin-11.2.202.335-release.x86_64
>
> Almost definitely a problem/misconfiguration of your Window Manager
> (or lack thereof).
>
> Mike

thanks, i'm using LXDE with openbox, but it seems that fullscreen flash
is a well know issue at least with gnome 3.
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Browser_Plugins#Fullscreen_fix_for_GNOME_3

i tried the workaround for browsers like firefox or chrome using
devilspie but without success.
what would be the correct application_name in the devilspie
configuration when mythtv starts flash playback?

(if
(is (application_name) "mythfrontend")
(begin
(focus)