[mythtv-users] mythmusic - export playlist to m3u

Warpme warpme at o2.pl
Mon Jan 20 21:18:30 UTC 2014

On 20/01/14 04:36, Jeremy Jones wrote:

> Just took a look at the script and was hoping you could answer a
> couple of questions:
> 1) I noticed that you commented out the line to populate MYTHHOST:
>
> #MYTHHOST=$(grep DBHostName <"$MYTHCONFDIR/mysql.txt" | awk -F=
> '{print $2}')
>
> How can it work if that is commented out?
Well - if script runs on the same host like DB - it will work as in such
case providing HostName isn't required.

> 2) I'm not so comfortable with the sql from bash, and I really need a
> script that will loop through all playlists instead of just the one.
Well - my needs are almost opposite :-)
I need it mainly for dumping songs to external media (for playback on
other devices)
> If that is trivial and someone wants to add that, please email it out.
>  Otherwise, I'll probably try to use the python bindings instead and
> see if I can put something together.
It will be great to have backup/restore utilities for MythMusic playlist
based on Python bindings!
It will be even more great to have such capability via mythutil....