[mythtv-users] commflagging and cutlists

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Mon Jan 20 17:38:46 UTC 2014

On 20/01/14 16:28, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 01/20/2014 10:48 AM, Thomas Boehm wrote:
>> Michael T. Dean wrote:
>>> Still, using the Python bindings would be much better than looking in
>>> the database.
>> I'm not a programmer and I don't intend to learn a programming language
>> if a one liner or a small bash script solves the problem ;-)
>
> If you look at the huge bash script that was posted--which is huge
> because it's written in bash instead of a more-appropriate programming
> language--you'll see that it's not a one liner or a small bash script
> solving the problem.
>
> Mike

It took a long time for me to identify that script, but this whole
thread surprises me.  I know that auto-commflagging is one of Myth's
selling points, but are people really happy to commit its cuts without
any inspection or intervention?  That's how I read this.  Like Mike, I
use the editor.

John P