[mythtv-users] Bringing old recordings back to life

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jan 20 15:26:05 UTC 2014

On 01/20/2014 09:28 AM, Yan Seiner wrote:
> I have some old recordings (as in 2008 or so) and a tarball of the
> database dump from 2009.  I am interested in a handful of recordings;
> maybe 12 in all.
>
> I'd like to get just those recordings into my new myth 0.27 install.
> I am not interested in resurrecting the entire database, but I do need
> to do commercial detection and transcoding.
>
> What's the best way to do that?

I'd recommend just sticking the recordings in Video Library, with
appropriate naming, to allow metadata lookup.  From Video Library, you
should be able to edit and transcode.  I'm not sure if commercial
detection works, but there's no need for commercial detection if you're
transcoding because:

http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2014-January/359277.html

Mike