[mythtv-users] Reset mythvideo import - start from scratch

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 20 09:21:24 UTC 2014

> Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 20:08:29 -0500
> From: raymond at wagnerrp.com
> To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Reset mythvideo import - start from scratch
>
> On 1/15/2014 7:59 PM, Mark Perkins wrote:
> > When I first started putting my collection of pre-existing video files
> > into mythvideo I didn't really understand what I was doing. I did a
> > (fair) bit of button mashing to some of the pop-ups and put
> > who-knows-what sort of stuff into the myth metadata. I've not really
> > gone back since then to work out what I did.
> >
> > Given I've not really put any time into it, rather than working out what
> > sort of mess I made I thought it would be more effective to start again.
> > What is the appropriate way to reset the mythvideo 'folder' (for want of
> > a better / more appropriate word) so that I can start doing the metadata
> > properly?
>
> Move your content outside the video library path(s).  Scan for media.
> Move it back.  Scan again.

Thanks Raymond, yes that worked well. Kind of. I migrated my backend a little while ago which involved a change of host name - however while I thought I followed the wiki procedure for change of host name correctly I did not. So while my recordings ended up with the correct host, nothing else got updated correctly. So I had Mythvideo records on the old host name that 'scan for changes' got upset about. Once I corrected the hostname everything else flowed smoothly (as far as mythvideo is concerned, see future new thread for further questions).

Thanks for the help.