[mythtv-users] Delete/remove videos in Mythvideo after watching?

Stephen P. Villano stephen.p.villano at gmail.com
Sun Jan 19 03:50:34 UTC 2014

On 1/18/14, 9:32 PM, Greg Lucas-Smith wrote:
> In the video library.
>

> On Sun, Jan 19, 2014 at 9:51 AM, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com
> <mailto:raymond at wagnerrp.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 1/18/2014 8:37 PM, Greg Lucas-Smith wrote:
>
>         Hi,
>
>            My kids watch the same shows over and over again, today my
>         wife got
>         annoyed at this and told me to delete all of their favourite
>         shows.  I
>         was wondering if there was a middle ground.
>
>            Does anyone know if it's possible to delete of remove
>         videos from the
>         video list after they've been watched?  Sort of an auto-expire on
>         watched feature?
>

>     Is this in the Video Library, or for recordings?  Typically things
>     go into the Video Library specifically because users want to keep
>     them long term.

I usually move used, viewed programs that start getting on nerves to a
subdirectory.
They're not deleted, they'll be available upon later desire, but for a
bit, they're out of the way.

I also have subdirectories in the main video directory. Myth scans them
in, but shows the subdirectory.
So, I have one for the grandkids, one for my father, the main for my
wife and I and television shows that we kept in a TV_Shows subdirectory
with subdirectories for series/seasons within that.

In a worst case scenario, where I don't want to delete the programs, but
make them unavailable, I can either move the programs out of the myth
videos directory or simply change the permissions of the file.
I'm starting to think of doing that for the Lord of the Rings trilogy,
ripped to HD, which took forever, now they're being played to death...