[mythtv-users] ecord at any time on this channel missing

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Sun Jan 19 01:26:55 UTC 2014

On 01/18/2014 05:23 PM, Karl Dietz wrote:
> On 19.01.2014 02:06, Yan Seiner wrote:
>> I'm dredging up an old topic from August:
>>
>> http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2013-August/351488.html
>>
>> I'm in a different boat with the same issue, and maybe I don't
>> understand how I am supposed to use the new rules...
>>
>> Many of the channels I have broadcast the same show in SD and HD, on two
>> different channels. Used to be I could just say, "Record this show on
>> this channel" if the majority of the episodes were in HD, or I could
>> tell myth to record the show on any channel.
>>
>> I've looked around and I don't get how I am supposed to make a rule that
>> says, record this show only in HD (or only on an HD channel).....
>
> If this is about HD/SD simulcast the solution is to just hide/delete
> the SD copy of the channel. Even if the episode is not native HD you
> will still get a higher quality by recording the HD transmission.

They're not simulcast; each SD/HD channel has its own programming so
some episodes show up earlier on one than the other but there doesn't
seem to be any pattern to it (these are not sequential programs; they're
episodes of Nature and Nova and such).  And since some shows only come
on the SD channel, I can't disable it.

> If this is about unrelated channels but then you could enable the HD
> filter on the recording rule.

How do I do that?  I have not found any advanced menu or filter menu....

> Both solutions allow you to delete the channel e.g. when rescanning
> (say it moves to a different multiplex) and the recording rule will
> *NOT* silently stop working.
>
> But there is also a "this channel" filter that you can use to set up
> your rules like before.

Same Q as above - I have not found any filters or advanced menu....

My corner case really needs a rule that says:

Record at any time and on any channel, but only re-record if it is in SD
and the re-broadcast is in HD.

Thanks for the help.

--Yan