[mythtv-users] User Job status reporting

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Sun Jan 19 00:02:22 UTC 2014

I'm working with a transcoding script and I notice that the
myth-supplied jobs have nice status while mine shows an exit status and
a wrong "Errored".  The job finished fine and returned a code of '0'.
I've looked at the sample user scripts provided in the wiki and I can't
find any coding magic that would do that.....  How do I get my reporting
to look like that of the native myth jobs?

Mine -> Transcode (Errored: Sat Jan 18, 2014, 03:33 PM) exit status 0,
job status was "Starting"
Myth -> Flag Commercials (Finished: Sat Jan 18, 2014, 12:20 PM) 5
commercial breaks
Myth -> Look up Metadata (Finished: Sat Jan 18, 2014, 12:02 PM) Metadata
Lookup Complete.