[mythtv-users] SOLVED: Re: mythweb video errors

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Sat Jan 18 03:41:27 UTC 2014

On 01/17/2014 03:11 PM, Yan Seiner wrote:
> Ok, I seem to be hitting all the high points here today.....
>
> 0.27 + mythweb, when I use mythfrontend to add video info from tmdb,
> all works fine.  But when I click on IMDB from mythweb, I get a little
> red box at the bottom that says "1 pending request" and nothing happens.
>
> The next time I reload mythweb/video I get a blank screen, with the
> following error recorded by apache:
>
> [Fri Jan 17 15:04:16 2014] [error] [client 192.168.128.6] PHP Fatal
> error:  Cannot use object of type Video as array in
> /home/www/seiner/media/mythweb.src/modules/video/handler.php on line 249
>
> If I drop the database and start over with a fresh database,
> mythweb/video will work until I click on the IMDB button again.
>
> I think that mythweb is going away in 0.28 so if this is a known bug I
> can live with it (I need mythweb for programming, not videos).

For posterity:

This was caused by the wrong mysql password in
/var/www/.mythtv/config.xml (the apache user in debian/ubuntu).  The
myth user had the correct password, so it would work except for the
mythweb interface.

The weird thing is that it would only manifest after an attempted change
from mythweb.

Definitely one for the "intuitively obvious" solutions.  Not.