[mythtv-users] VaAPI Error

Warpme warpme at o2.pl
Fri Jan 17 20:05:21 UTC 2014

On 16/01/14 21:07, CACook at Quantum-Sci.com wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Jan 2014 19:13:17 +0100
> Warpme <warpme at o2.pl> wrote:
>> I see You choose ATI BLOBs xvba<-vaapi backend<-libva<-myth.
>> I highly advise agains this route and switch to FOSS Mesa9.2+ and
>> vdpau. xvba is far far from production quality and also is plainly
>> dead as official AMT/ATI FOSS route is Mesa/vdpau.
>> There are many reports on Internet about Mesa/vdpau HW decode working
>> really well*
> It would be very nice if I could go back to VDPAU, but I can't you see, as I need these AMD cards for another purpose.  And as we all know, AMD and nVidia drivers are rigged to not co-exist on the same system, for competitive (not technical) reasons.
<marketing rant>Well. FOSS AMD and Nvidia BLOB can be on the same
machine. example: minimyth2.linuxd.org
They even can be selected automatically. You can replace card and boot.
Myth will see full capabilities (hw decode, etc)</marketing rant>

> So I would like to somehow get VA-API running with this rig.  It appears vainfo is responding as it should, and so VA-API must be set up correctly.  So it must have to do with Myth's integration, or use of, VA-API.  This is the problem.
Hmm - In my system I can run MythTV on AMD/ATI with vaapi or vdpau.
Selection is on-line by MythTV profile.
Both works OK. Also VAAPI on Intel works OK, so I personally would say
for me MythTV works as designed....