[mythtv-users] "Whitescreen" on start in 0.27

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Jan 17 14:50:27 UTC 2014

On 01/17/2014 09:42 AM, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 17/01/14 14:31, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> On 01/17/2014 07:36 AM, velberrocks wrote:
>>> when mythfrontend or mythbackend-setup is started then at first a
>>> completely white screen appears for 0.5 to 2 Seconds. After that the
>>> application appears. This happens on VGA output and TV Out (SVIDEO) as
>>> well.
>>>
>>> I would like to turn off this white screen or to use the color black
>>> instead of white. In MythTV 0.25 was no white screen at all...
>>>
>>> Environment:
>>> - Mythbuntu 12.04
>>> - MythTV 0.27 (upgraded from 0.25)
>>> - Mythwelcome is activated
>>> - NVidia 8400GS with NVidia proprietary driver
>>> - AMD4850e, AMD790G Chipset, 2GB Ram
>>>
>>> Does anyone have an idea how to avoid the white screen?
>>>

>> What MythTV Theme?
>
> I have 0.27-fixes builds up to date as of last week under Fedora 19
> and Scientific Linux 6,  Both use the MythCenter-Wide theme in a KDE
> window.
>
> I see the white screen on the SL6 machine, Paint Engine Qt; not with
> Fedora,  Paint Engine Auto.

Sounds like maybe the OP should change his Paint Engine to Auto, and is
only seeing the white color of a blank window given to us by the system
because the Qt painter is slow?

Paint engine
This selects what MythTV uses to draw. Choosing 'Auto' is recommended,
unless running on systems with broken OpenGL implementations (broken
hardware or drivers or windowing systems) where only Qt works.

Mike