[mythtv-users] VaAPI Error

CACook at Quantum-Sci.com CACook at Quantum-Sci.com
Thu Jan 16 20:07:00 UTC 2014

On Thu, 16 Jan 2014 19:13:17 +0100
Warpme <warpme at o2.pl> wrote:
> I see You choose ATI BLOBs xvba<-vaapi backend<-libva<-myth.
> I highly advise agains this route and switch to FOSS Mesa9.2+ and
> vdpau. xvba is far far from production quality and also is plainly
> dead as official AMT/ATI FOSS route is Mesa/vdpau.
> There are many reports on Internet about Mesa/vdpau HW decode working
> really well*

It would be very nice if I could go back to VDPAU, but I can't you see, as I need these AMD cards for another purpose.  And as we all know, AMD and nVidia drivers are rigged to not co-exist on the same system, for competitive (not technical) reasons.

So I would like to somehow get VA-API running with this rig.  It appears vainfo is responding as it should, and so VA-API must be set up correctly.  So it must have to do with Myth's integration, or use of, VA-API.  This is the problem.