[mythtv-users] VBI/Closed Captions with HD-PVR

Bob mythtv at cox.net
Thu Jan 16 04:27:03 UTC 2014

On 01/14/2014 08:02 AM, Bob wrote:

> Seeing that, I suspect you are correct that I need to specify NTSC. I
> will try that tonight.

I was able to verify the video is working using mplayer: mplayer tv://
-tv device=/dev/video6:input=1:normid=0

I now able to save the captions. There were several problems:

1. I was forcing the wrong card, I should have used the default
2. The driver defaults to PAL where I need NTSC
3. The zvbi2raw command would time-out if video is not being read from
the device

Thank you to everyone who made suggestions and lent insights.

Bob