[mythtv-users] How to transcode HD recording

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Wed Jan 15 22:35:54 UTC 2014

On 15/01/14 20:20, HP-mini wrote:

<snip>
> Your recording has a lot of undecode-able data at the start.
> Have you tried setting the mythtv-setup option for dvb:
> "wait for SEQ start" ?
>
> All H264 & mpeg2video has to start decoding on SEQ or SPS (keyframe).

I have 'wait for SEQ header' and 'active EIT scan' enabled.  Tuning
delay is 0 ms, but ISTR that that setting doesn't work.

That recording was started unconventionally, because I wanted a short
clip from a sequence transmitted as one piece; so recording of the
programme was enabled, but I had earlier stopped the recording, deleted
it, and erased it from Recorded Programs.  Recording then restarted
automatically, and perhaps not as a normal recording would.  But I've
just done another 'proper' test and the general look of the first 400
bytes is much the same, with new blocks starting at bytes 0, oxbc, ox178

I'm not sure how long a clip I can send; last time I tried there seemed
to be some sort of threshold at 50 MB.

This is from BBC TWO HD DVB-T2 Wild Brazil, 1102_20140115212800.mpg

dd bs=1M  count=48 if=Braz.mpg of=Braz_dd.mpg

http://www.mediafire.com/watch/51w0355pga4bb8w/Braz_dd.mpg
http://www.mediafire.com/view/hl356ki6az461gq/Braz_orig.xml
http://www.mediafire.com/view/mzysobexws83yw6/Braz_rebuilt.xml