[mythtv-users] Mythtv, roku, and roksbox

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Wed Jan 15 15:52:43 UTC 2014

I'm coming back to mythtv after a few years away...

I've been mostly using my roku to stream videos, and would like to be
able to stream programs I record OTA.

I really have no choice as my old LCD TV only has 1 digital input that
is being used by the Roku and one analog input that is being used by the
DVD player, so the only way for me to get Myth connected is through the
Roku.

I'm using the Roksbox channel for my videos.  This is a very, very
simple channel that uses an XML file for video information.

http://roksbox.com

Info on the XML file format (from what I understand this is the standard
format needed by Roku)

http://roksbox.com/home/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=64&Itemid=62

I'd like to be able to set up a transcoding job that transcodes into
Roku's mp4 format and at the same time adds the appropriate entry to the
XML file.

I can handle the transcoding, but I would appreciate any pointers for
getting the info out of the mythtv database and into the XML file.

The ability to delete the XML entry when the program expires would be a
huge bonus.

Thanks!