[mythtv-users] Category M "Missed" recording

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 19:52:53 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 7:31 PM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:

> One piece of information I hadn't provided

Why do I feel this story is starting to feel like an episode
of Barney Miller, and Wojo not providing all the details up
front....  This new piece feels very important.

> If I grep the backend log for Scheduled I see:
>
> Time:                  PID:
> Jan 12 14:59:59  4816 (last run on old motherboard)
> Jan 13 00:42:45  4547 (first run on new motherboard, no network)
> Jan 13 00:42:53  4547

Which (I think) would have been after the episode was supposed
to be record, so it likely was marked "missed" at that time...
(from the schedulers point of view, your system was "down"
during the scheduled recording --> missing recording).

> Jan 12 16:51:46  5033 (first run with network)

Was the recording rule generic (record all episodes),
or something more specific or limiting.  I think the
details are likely to matter when the scheduler
reran and decided to (not) record the upcoming
showing.

I suspect you are going to have to take the "hit"
for this loss of WAF.