[mythtv-users] Replacing irexec - calling a script with remote using ir-keytable

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Mon Jan 13 13:50:24 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-01-13 at 09:48 +0000, birchley giles wrote:
> I'm running Mythtv 0.26 on Fedora 19 x86_64. Because LIRC seems to
> break in new ways with every time the Fedora package changes

Just for the record: I'm using LIRC with F18 and F19 front ends just
fine.

With newer kernels such as those in current Fedora systems, there are
things besides LIRC that read the remote key presses. When I first
brought the system up, every key was sent to MythTV twice. I did a
Google search for "Lirc key bouncing" and got the recipe for fixing
that, and it's been fine ever since.

--Greg