[mythtv-users] My scheduler problems are back again

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 12 05:02:59 UTC 2014

Out of curiosity I scheduled what would have been a conflicted recording in
the first schedule. The scheduler then correctly moves the 2nd SBS recording
to the multiplex that is already tuned to SBS which permits the new
recording (correctly) without conflict. However once the additional
recording is removed the 2nd SBS recording is returned to the empty tuner in
preference to the already SBS-tuned tuner.

I think this (more or less) confirms that the scheduler prioritises a
recording to a vacant tuner over a vacant sub-channel on an already tuned
multiplex - at the expense of what might otherwise be wanted for potential
LiveTV viewing. I would infer into this that the scheduler also then
prioritises a recording to a +1 channel on a vacant tuner rather than an
already-tuned tuner which would partially explain some of your observations
Stephen.