[mythtv-users] Mythdora Box Died...Need to Recover Logical Volume

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Sat Jan 11 15:03:11 UTC 2014

On Sat, 2014-01-11 at 06:47 -0800, Tom+Dale wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
> The motherboard on my backend failed and so I've decided to take this opportunity to start fresh.  Unfortunately, it appears as though my hard disk may have been impacted adversely too.  When I installed Mythdora 12 and allowed it to configure everything, it established an LVM partition (presumably for future expansion) even though I just had the single 500GB disk.

So instead of trying to go to heroic efforts to try to recover the disk,
why not just format the disk and restore from backups?  Surely that
would get you to your end goal more quickly, considering you said you
have been trying to get a message posted about this for a week now.

Even though you might find something an interesting intellectual
exercise, sometimes you need to not lose sight of the target and just
cut-bait.

b.