[mythtv-users] EIT fails in some channels

A. F. Cano afc at shibaya.lonestar.org
Sat Jan 11 01:46:05 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jan 09, 2014 at 03:26:34PM +0100, Josu Lazkano wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have some problem with EIT data in some channels, all are in same

Unfortunately I don't have a solution or explanation, but I have the
same problem.  It's not only you.  This might be an uncommon problem,
but it really exists.

> mux. I am using 2 DVB-T USB devices.

I'm using one USB DVB ATSC tuner.

> All channels works great and I have the EIT data but, in some channels
> I have very few data, sometimes there is no data.

In my case 4 chanels never get EIT data, all others (total of 42) get
it some times, some more rarely than others.

> I try with tvheadend and same DVB devices, and it works great, I have
> lots of data, so I think this is a MythTV problem.

In my case, I get EIT data for all channels with kaffeine,
instantaneously, so I can confirm it's probably a MythTV issue.

Someone mentioned in another thread to use "active EIT scan" and
"EIT scan only" (no other source of programming) as 2 sources will
corrupt the database entries.  I'm sure I did the latter and I'm
pretty sure the former is set as I have data on shopping channels
that I never watch/tune, but that also goes out regularly.  I don't
remember a check-mark-type setting (and I really looked) for
"active EIT scan", I only remember a setting for a period of time
after which EIT data would be collected after recordings finish,
60 I think.  I didn't touch it.

> I try to get some data with dvbsnoop, but I don't know how to use it.

I've never used it, but I've just installed it.  Not sure if I'll get
anywhere with it.

> Could someone help with this?

I wonder if something was done regarding EIT in the latest revisions.
I'm running 0.26.1+fixes20, which is the latest available as a deb
package from deb-multimedia.

Augustine