[mythtv-users] Anyone using the new XMLTV grabbers (Atlas, Guardian, TVGuide) in MythTV?

Mike Bibbings mike.bibbings at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 15:37:26 UTC 2014

On 09/01/2014 15:12, nospam312 wrote:
> I am still using the Radio Times grabber but it does not include many
> channels and some of the channels that are included do not have
> subtitles or episode number information.
>
> Does anyone have any feedback on any of the newer XMLTV grabbers that
> have just been released?
>
> These grabbers are Atlas, The Guardian and TVGuide.
>
> The Guardian and TVGuide look to have better episode number
> information but will be very very slow as they are using the website
> and not a raw data feed.
>
> Do the new grabbers handle the channel icons like the Radio Time grabber?
>
> Atlas requires an API key which also seems a bit strange - pity there
> is not a general login that they can provide the xmltv project?
>
> Thanks

I have been using the Atlas (tv_grab_uk_atlas) grabber on mythtv since
September 2013 with no problems on two different sources Freesat and
Freeview.

Channel Icons are automatically handled.

The API key  is something you only have to do initially (there is also a
possibility that the API key has to be renewed every 6 months - not been
using it that long).

Mike