[mythtv-users] How much memory do you have installed?

faginbagin mythtv at hbuus.com
Wed Jan 8 20:08:27 UTC 2014

On 1/8/2014 1:43 PM, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> On 1/8/2014 1:30 PM, Jan Ceuleers wrote:
>> On 01/08/2014 06:25 PM, Bill Meek wrote:
>>> On 01/08/2014 09:34 AM, Joseph DeGraw wrote:
>>>
>>> http://smolt.mythtv.org/static/stats/stats.html has a RAM tab
>>> to answer the question in your Subject.
>>>
>> Interesting.
>>
>> How reliable is this data? I'm asking because the MythTV Version
>> information on the MythTV_Data tab seems implausible: lots of users
>> still on 0.25, only 0.1% of users on 0.27.
>
> The vast majority of users reporting into Smolt are those configured automatically by Mythbuntu.  Most of those are running 12.04 and either don't know they can upgrade beyond the packaged 0.25, or don't care to. Expect to see a large boost in 0.27 users reported when they all upgrade to 14.04.

I suspect there's a bug. I know I've tried to submit my hardware profiles but have gotten a vague error message. The problem hasn't been a blocker so I haven't tried to track it down and create a ticket. My bad. Am I the only one?

I see this problem on my new MBE running mythbuntu 13.10 (dist-upgraded from 12.04), as well as on my SBE and three front ends running mythbuntu 12.04, and all running fixes/0.27 from the mythbuntu PPA. FWIW, my production environment is still 0.23 and a mix of mythbuntu 10.04 and 10.10.

When I have time and run out of other things I want to check out on 0.27, I'll dig into this if it still isn't fixed.

Regards,
Helen