[mythtv-users] Patriot PBO Core: 2014 Day/Date ISSUE

Lawrence Houston mythtv at greenfield.dyndns.org
Mon Jan 6 13:48:29 UTC 2014

On Mon, 6 Jan 2014, Mike Perkins wrote:

> On 06/01/14 06:44, Lawrence Houston wrote:
>> On Fri, 3 Jan 2014, Karl Newman wrote:
>>
>>> On Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 6:45 PM, Lawrence Houston
>>> <mythtv at greenfield.dyndns.org> wrote:
>>>       I have been using a Patriot PBO Core as the Frontend for my
>>>       MythTV Backend for quite some time, although since the New Year
>>>       I have noticed the PBO Core is Sorting Recordings made in 2014
>>>       with the Day of the Week and the Date "Pushed" 1 Day Ahead of
>>>       what they should be.  Date and Times on the MythTV Backend seem
>>>       fine.  I just pushed the MythTV Backend from 0.25 to 0.27,
>>>       although made NO change...
>>>
>>>       Although this might be a Patriot PBO Core Fireware Issue, I was
>>>       wondering if there any other MythTV Users who have noticed the
>>>       same "Issue" with their Patriot PBO Core Boxes???
>>>
>>>       Lawrence Houston  --  (mythtv at greenfield.dyndns.org)
>>>

>>> I have no idea what a Patriot PBO Core is, but what you're probably
>>> encountering is the change starting in MythTV 0.26 to use UTC times
>>> instead
>>> of local times for recordings. This affects all the time stamps in the
>>> database as well as the filenames of new recordings. Assuming you're in
>>> the
>>> continental US, you'll see times 4 to 8 hours ahead, which for prime-time
>>> shows would put them into the next day.
>>
>> Karl:
>>
>> Today I Recorded 4 TV Shows, one within each of the 4 Six Hours Segments.
>> As you
>> predicted the first three were Date Sorted by the Patriot PBO Core as
>> Sunday, it
>> was only the Prime Time TV Show which appears as a Monday Recording...
>> Hence it
>> appears MythTV 0.26 Switch to using UTC within its Database is the Cause!!!
>>
>> Anyone have any suggestions on how to Correct this???
>>
> Perhaps use mythlink to create symbolic links with local times for your DBO
> to use?

Mike:

Curiously Time-Stamps with the Recordings Directory display as Local
Times, the Database's "recorded" Field is where UTC Times-Stamps can be
observed...  Which I assume is where MythTV's UPnP Server is pulling its
Time-Stamps from, therefore my Question is whether Mythlink would help
with the Patriot PBO Core's Date Sorting???

Lawrence Houston  --  (mythtv at greenfield.dyndns.org)