[mythtv-users] Support for HDTC-2US? (HDHomeRuns Transcode Model?)

boehm100 at comcast.net boehm100 at comcast.net
Mon Jan 6 07:27:37 UTC 2014

Hi,

Time to upgrade my HDHomeRun.  I've loved my original white model but I hear the new tuners are better for OTA.  Try to decide HDHR3-US, HDHR4-2US, and HDTC-2US.

I don't see the advantage to HDHR4-2US.  The added DLNA isn't that attractive to me.  Maybe I don't see what I'm missing.

The transcode feature of the HDTC-2US is very interesting but only if its supported in Mythtv.  Anybody know?

They are closing out the HDHR3-US.  The price is very attractive.

So, transcode supported in Myth, and what am I not seeing about DLNA?

Thanks,
Jon