[mythtv-users] Multiple Channel 4s on UK FreeSat

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Sat Jan 4 12:05:28 UTC 2014

On 04/01/14 11:38, Jeffrey Ratcliffe wrote:
> Now recording is reliable on my MythTV system, I am optimising the
> channel assignment. There is a very nice page on the wiki[1] which fixed
> the multiple FreeSat ITV channels, but I still have multiple channels
> named "Channel 4", "Channel4 +1" and "Channel 4 HD". Before I spend a
> load of time digging through the database tables to seperate them, or
> more likely, just use MythWeb to rename them with v2, v3, etc. suffixes,
> has anyone got some SQL handy?
>
> [1]
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/UK_Channel_Assignments#Combined_FreeView_and_FreeSat_HD_channel_assignment

You do realise that those Channel 4 streams are all different and unique, right?
They *aren't* duplicates!

"+ 1" channels broadcast the same as the base channel but delayed by an hour.
Sometimes it is useful to have these channels available to resolve scheduling
conflicts.

Sometimes the HD channels don't /exactly/ mirror what is broadcast on the SD
channels. This certainly happens with the BBC HD channels which won't show any
regional programming.

--

Mike Perkins