[mythtv-users] Diskless LTSP Frontend

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 19:31:32 UTC 2014

On Fri, Dec 27, 2013 at 5:58 PM, Craig Cook <cncook001 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have just posted this page:
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Diskless_LTSP_Frontend
>
> This is the result of 4 days effort.
>
> Feedback welcome (good or bad;)
>
> I am happy to provide more detail on the wiki page, I am not sure what is
needed though.

This is very cool.  I'm currently running Ubuntu 10.04 LTS, and I'll look
forward to trying this out once 14.04 LTS stabilizes.

In the meantime, I have a question.  I used 10.04's ltsp-build-client to
create my LTSP infrastructure.  A big problem I have is that when the
server reboots, the clients basically lose their connection to the server
and fail to reestablish it, and all the clients ultimately have to be
hard-rebooted.  I asked about this at
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/469540?do=post_view_flat#469540
but
never found a resolution.

I'm wondering if your set of tools also has this problem.  I'm optimistic
since you mentioned that the protocol is based on ssh (rather than nbd).

Jim