[mythtv-users] HD Prime Tuning Adapter

Jon Heizer jheizer at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 18:26:49 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 12:13 PM, Gary Buhrmaster
<gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 5:05 PM, Jon Heizer <jheizer at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Is my assumption correct?  Is there anything I can do on my end?  Or
> > anything I can tell them to help lead them down the correct path in this
> > scenario?
>
> First, make sure you have the latest Prime firmware (there have been
> fixes over the years for TAs), and a new Prime will likely have older
> firmware.
> Second, connect up your TA and let it download (and upgrade) itself
> with newer firmware.  It can take a few hours, so be patient.  Third (and
> this is only tangential), consider upgrading your network to gigabit.
> Your 100F network may be a limitation (and result in pixelated content)
> if you run 3 full streams.
>
> Beyond that, I know the SiliconDust forum have discussions and
> other recommendations regarding TAs (and a lot more people with
> experience with some of their "oddities").

Thanks.  It has been hooked up since yesterday afternoon.  Firmware has
been updated to the latest.  It seems like the tuning device is connected
and doesn't seem to be doing anything but hard to tell.

OOB FREQ: 75.250 MHz
 CARRIER LOCK: YES
 SNR 20 dB GOOD
 DATA: YES
 HUNT MODE: NONE

INBAND FREQ: 000.000 MHz QAM64    <---- doesn't sound good though.
 CARRIER LOCK: NO
 SNR 0 dB POOR

Thanks for the heads up on the 100.  Actually remotely helping my Dad add
this to his existing standard hdhomerun so the 100 will be an issue for
sure.

I did a quick browse of the SD forum but nothing jumped out quickly.  Guess
I'll head back over there and read more.  Tech is suppose to come back to
him house on Sunday so hopefully it will be resolved then.

Jon