[mythtv-users] Getting schedules direct guide data for a new channel

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Fri Jan 3 11:24:25 UTC 2014

Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com> wrote:

> Wow...this is a really strange one:  I was manually running
> "mythfilldatabase --dd-grab-all" as my own user login, which I've
> always done (for years now) without any problems.  It didn't report
> any errors and appeared to work as it always has.  However when I ran
> the same mythfilldatabase command logged in as the "mythtv" user I
> finally got guide data for that new channel.  What on *earth* could
> that be all about??

Different ~/.xmltv/... files ?

It's easy to do, you're setting the system up and working in your own login and get it working. Then you find it's not working as a scheduled task, realise what the problem is, and copy the config file from your home directory to that of the MythTV user. Then years later, when you've forgotten all about it, you do some updates and wonder why the two users get different results.

Guess how that one comes to mind :-/