[mythtv-users] Ceton PCIe / No liveTV / (TL_) Partial Lock

Joseph DeGraw coffee412 at comcast.net
Thu Jan 2 23:22:50 UTC 2014

On 01/02/2014 06:10 PM, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 10:15 PM, Joseph DeGraw <coffee412 at comcast.net> wrote:
>> Alot of times, from my experience, Comcast will go around and put filters on
>> lines to filter out channels at locations where the customer disconnected
>> service.
> While (old) filters are in place, Comcast no longer (since they
> now encrypt all content, including basic), generally installs
> filters (MOCA filters are special exceptions in some
> complexes), since they are not needed and provide no benefit,
> and generally remove any that they run into (to avoid future
> truck rolls).  At least that is supposed to be (new) Corp.
> policy, although old habits may die hard (and I have no idea
> if they have updated their contractor requirements yet;
> and depending on your location, it is contractors doing the
> work, not (direct) Comcast employees).

I agree. The wild card in all this is comcast quality service :)

Seems rather odd that it worked in windows but not in linux. I have
heard of instances where the ceton didnt hold its configuration
information. However, I have not run into any such problems with my
ceton. Mine seems to run pretty darn good. I will also say that this is
the first time I looked at comcast as having any type of value for me
because of this card and Mythtv :)

I think the thing to look at is the "partial lock" that the OP is
getting. That is strange. Perhaps something came lose - that little
cable on the back worries me as its quite flimsy.

?

jdegraw