[mythtv-users] Channel scan with minimal updates?

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Thu Jan 2 16:22:54 UTC 2014

On Jan 2, 2014, at 9:33 AM, Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com> wrote:

> Now I'm totally confused.  How to you scan a range of channels?

You select a "full scan" and on the scan setup dialog change the range of channels from 2-68 to 21-21 or whatever frequency you're trying to rescan. The setup program does transport updates only on the frequencies it has (re)scanned so your other channels are in no danger of being deleted/updated etc.

The channel/frequency controls are spinners so you can't just type in a number which makes it tedious but on the other hand it's not like rescanning is a daily or even weekly task.

> Nobody's actually answered my original question...was the whole
> "existing channel treatment" option totally removed at some point?

I usually snoop around the code for answers like that but it depends how handy you are with git & c++.

- George