[mythtv-users] NVidia driver mythtv segfaulting

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Thu Jan 2 03:14:29 UTC 2014

On Wed, 1 Jan 2014 20:36:13 -0600, you wrote:

>On Wed, Jan 1, 2014 at 8:03 PM, Mark Perkins <perkins1724 at hotmail.com>wrote:
>

>> Are you fully up to date on 0.27/fixes? There has been a previous bug that
>> caused this however I think it was fixed some time ago (ie 6 months ago).
>> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/11446
>>
>> If you get into the FE (and don't use airplay) disable airplay and see if
>> that resolves the problem.
>>

>I'm up to date with whatever is in the mythbuntu repos.
>

>My initial issue seems to have been caused by a mythbuntu update somehow
>messing up the nvidia driver (which doesn't surprise me... its never been
>quite right on this system for some reason.
>My second issue happened because when I reinstalled the nvidia binary
>driver, I upgraded to the current 331.20 release.
>
>This
>MythTV Version : v0.27-125-g7f548de
>MythTV Branch : fixes/0.27
>
>Is currently segfaulting with the latest NVidia binary driver (331.20).
>
>I installed the driver I was using previously (319.49) and all is now happy.
>

>I'm liking a lot of the changes that I'm seeing after jumping from .25 to
>.27.  Great job folks!
>
>My only quibble so far is the regression (purposeful or not) that we can no
>longer scroll up in myth-center-wide.... It takes forever to get to the
>bottom of a big list of shows with a remote control.
>
>Is there any way to jump a page at a time on a remote?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Dan

Yes, just have a button that does page down (PgDown).  If you are
using lirc, you can also adjust the autorepeat settings so that it
will go faster.  This is what I have in my ~/.lirc/mythtv file for my
MCE USB remote:

begin
    remote = mceusb
    prog = mythtv
    button = KEY_AGAIN
    config = PgUp
    repeat = 1
    delay = 2
end

begin
    remote = mceusb
    prog = mythtv
    button = KEY_NEXT
    config = PgDown
    repeat = 1
    delay = 2
end

It is also possible to customise the theme so that you can once again
go up to go to the bottom of the list.  To do that, you copy the theme
from /usr/share/mythtv/themes to /home/<mythtvuser>/.mythtv/themes.
Then rename the new theme directory eg I changed MythCenter-wide to
MythCenter-wide-JSW.  Change the theme name also in the themeinfo.xml
file.  Then do any other changes you want to the new theme.  Finally,
in mythfrontend, go to the theme chooser and choose your new theme.

I did the patches Zig worked out for this problem:

root at mypvr:/home/stephen/.mythtv/themes/MythCenter-wide-JSW# diff
/usr/share/mythtv/themes/MythCenter-wide/recordings-ui.xml
recordings-ui.xml
128c128,129
<             <wrapstyle>captive</wrapstyle>
---
> <!-- ZIG change wrapstyle from "captive" to "items" to make recording category scroll wrap -->
>             <wrapstyle>items</wrapstyle>
176c177,178
<             <wrapstyle>captive</wrapstyle>
---
> <!-- ZIG change wrapstyle from "captive" to "items" to make recordings scroll wrap -->
>             <wrapstyle>items</wrapstyle>
394c396,397
<             <template>%startdate%%| startyear%, %starttime%
</template>
---
> <!-- ZIG changed %starttime% to %recstarttime% and added - %recendtime%  -->
>             <template>%startdate%%| startyear%, %recstarttime% - %recendtime% </template>

I think the first of those patches is the one you want.  The second
does the same thing to the right hand side of the recordings screen,
but there is a bug in how it works so when you delete a program that
is in a list that is longer then one screen, it all gets rotated up
one program invalidly.  So you might not want that one unless you are
sure the bug is not going to be a problem for anyone in your
household.

The third patch brings back the display of the end time for
recordings.  I find that extremely useful also.