[mythtv-users] tmdb3 grabber pulls French coverart

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Wed Jan 1 21:45:23 UTC 2014

On 01.01.2014 13:25, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> On 12/31/2013 3:18 PM, Joseph Fry wrote:
>> I would also like to request that something be implemented that would
>> allow us to enter the year of the video and have that added to the
>> search similar to below
>
> if
> MythTV is sure of the year in order to be able to do such, it would be
> better to filter the results internally than pass that responsibility
> off to the grabber.

I'd like to second this. The year you get from tv guides or that are
commonly used when referring to a movie is the year of production. But
the year that you will find on sites like imdb or themoviedb is one of
the many release dates. (first shown on a festival in this country,
release to the movies, etc pp)

When matching movies for my tv guide I allow for a five year window
(given year +/- 2) for positive matches and even that is to narrow
regularly.

So use your year or the running time etc pp to suggest a likely best
match, but don't simply filter by one year.

Regards,
Karl

PS: Yes, I do know that sometimes its the other way around and that
there are lots of corner cases. But I'm trying to not over complicate
this mail.