[mythtv-users] Laggy menu navigation in recordings screen

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 22:37:01 UTC 2014

On 02/26/2014 11:22 AM, Kenneth Emerson wrote:
>> Know its not much help, but might give you and idea on where to start
> looking.
>
> Just a little more information. I also noticed that being in a category
> with many entries increased the laggy-ness. In addition, the scrolling
> feature on other categories became /very/ slow and choppy. This weekend I
> will again check the cpu utilization at this point. If that doesn't prove
> fruitful I'll get out wireshark and see what is going on between the
> frontend and the master backend.

Just FYI,

With Wireshark, I get following query following Request Prepare:

     SELECT status FROM jobqueue WHERE type = ? AND chanid = ? AND starttime = ?;

97 times. Plus matching ACKs/Response/Response Reset/Response OK/Response Execute
messages for each Prepare.

That's with 171 recordings in my 'All Programs' screen.

I'm on 0.28-pre and *had* the problem from late 2013 'til 2/20/2014. That
was the day after a Kernel upgrade. I'm now on 3.11.0-17 on a Ubuntu 13.10
host on my office PC that runs mythfrontend. My 12.04 backend/frontend
doesn't have the problem, and never has.

So, I just booted up on my previous Kernel (3.11.0-15) and the problem
came back. Wish I could identify an actual fix, but it seems clear that
the upgrade had some effect.

The Nvidia version is 304.108 on both -15 and -17 Kernels.

--
Bill