[mythtv-users] Question regarding MythGallery

A Desai ashu.desai at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 20:32:06 UTC 2014

Hello,
My frontend system config is:
* Zotac Ion G530,
* RAM - 4 Gb
* Version -- v0.27-56-g29eab51-dirty (fixes/0.27)
* QT version - 4.8.4
* Options compiled in -- linux profile use_hidesyms using_oss using_backend
using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_dvb
using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_ceton using_hdpvr using_ivtv
using_joystick_menu using_libcrypto using_libdns_sd using_libfftw3
using_libudf using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl using_opengl_video
using_qtwebkit using_qtscript using_qtdbus using_taglib using_v4l2
using_v4l1 using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_profiletype
using_mythlogserver using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_bindings_php using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vaapi
using_ffmpeg_threads using_mheg using_libass using_libudf

* Connected to backend server via gigabit switch.

I currently have MythUbuntu as my theme, however I have tried almost all of
the themes. Here's my "problem" of sorts - every time I go to the Myth
Gallery, the movie posters all seem to take a good while to load up.

So I have 250+ movies. Say if I go to LOTR - it will take me 15-20 secs for
the poster to load up, but I will see the movie posters of the rows above
and beneath that movie. Now if I go up a row, that movie will take 20 sec
to load the poster but I will see the rows above/below it.

I understand that when the theme is new, it may take a bit to get all the
posters of all the movies in "cache" - but once you use it for a few
days/weeks - is this behavior normal?

I know this may sound trivial - and I guess it is. However, I have been
curious about this for a long time and so I thought I might as well ask. If
nothing - then to satisfy my curiosity...

Thanks,

Ash.