[mythtv-users] mythvidexport questions

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 26 04:40:44 UTC 2014

> On 26 Feb 2014, at 2:45 pm, "Greg Woods" <greg at gregandeva.net> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 2014-02-25 at 21:28 -0500, Raymond Wagner wrote:
>>  Since the title "Doctor Who" is an
>> exact match for the first series
>>> "Videos/Masterpiece Classic.mpg" when trying to export an episode of
>>> "Downton Abbey".
>>
>> Can't explain that one, but it's probably a similar situation.
>
>>> The most
>>> hilarious one was attempting to export a Saturday Night Live episode,
>>> and having it go to "Movies/Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Shocking
>>> Truth.mpg" (unfortunately I'm not joking).
>
>> This one is actually the fault of MythTV's internal metadata library.
>> There's an issue that periodically pops up where it will match a TV
>> series on thetvdb, fail to match the specific episode, and then pull
>> metadata using that id from themoviedb.
>
> I see. So this basically means that yes, every single series I have
> tried to use for testing has screwed-up metadata for one reason or
> another. I'll keep searching for something that will actually
> demonstrate how this is supposed to work.
>
> Most of what I might want to save is sporting events, and I have no idea
> what the metadata for those looks like; guess I'll find out. Certainly,
> with the Olympics, everything shows up as "XXII Winter Olympics.mpg".
> presumably meaning this is falling back to the default too. So I guess I
> will just have to export them one at a time, then manually move them
> into directories.
>
> --Greg

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but if I recall correctly The TVDB in general has rules that say no to sporting events being uploaded to their database, so you may be out of luck there as well. You can always browse to the site directly and try a few of your preferred recording names too see what metadata is actually present.