[mythtv-users] mythvidexport questions

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Wed Feb 26 04:14:43 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-02-25 at 21:28 -0500, Raymond Wagner wrote:
>   Since the title "Doctor Who" is an
> exact match for the first series
> > "Videos/Masterpiece Classic.mpg" when trying to export an episode of
> > "Downton Abbey".
>
> Can't explain that one, but it's probably a similar situation.
>

> > The most
> > hilarious one was attempting to export a Saturday Night Live episode,
> > and having it go to "Movies/Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Shocking
> > Truth.mpg" (unfortunately I'm not joking).

> This one is actually the fault of MythTV's internal metadata library.
> There's an issue that periodically pops up where it will match a TV
> series on thetvdb, fail to match the specific episode, and then pull
> metadata using that id from themoviedb.

I see. So this basically means that yes, every single series I have
tried to use for testing has screwed-up metadata for one reason or
another. I'll keep searching for something that will actually
demonstrate how this is supposed to work.

Most of what I might want to save is sporting events, and I have no idea
what the metadata for those looks like; guess I'll find out. Certainly,
with the Olympics, everything shows up as "XXII Winter Olympics.mpg".
presumably meaning this is falling back to the default too. So I guess I
will just have to export them one at a time, then manually move them
into directories.

--Greg