[mythtv-users] Version problems: one of two frontends says "requires an updated database"

Barry btm.maillist at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 20:17:43 UTC 2014

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 7:28 AM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>wrote:

> On 02/22/2014 04:32 PM, Barry wrote:
>

>> The ubuntu systems frontend says at start "This version of MythTV
>> requires an updated database. (schema is 18 versions behind). Please run
>> mythtv-setup or mythbackend to update your database".
>>
>> All three systems report:
>>
>> MythTV Branch : fixes/0.27
>> Network Protocol : 77
>> Library API : 0.27.20140103-1
>>

> Best guess is that you either a) upgraded to 0.27-fixes on the Mythbuntu
> system and it still has old stuff loaded and just needs a reboot or b) you
> have multiple versions of MythTV installed on that system (i.e. in /usr and
> /usr/local) and the script that's starting mythfrontend is starting the
> wrong one.
>
> Mike

Thank you. It is working now. Based on your reply, I "apt-get purge myth*",
and then I removed every file from the system that started with myth, and
reinstalled mythbuntu-control-center and set it up again as a front end. It
didn't take as long as I expected.
I had tried various configurations and distros trying to make use of some
old hardware, and had gotten myself and my front end rather confused.