[mythtv-users] tuner numbering

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 18:03:12 UTC 2014

Greetings Mythizens, recordings have been hit and miss lately, and I
finally realized that it is not my antenna, it is the random tuner
numbering done at boot-up. I do have UDEV rules in place for all the
cards, but the only one that stays with the symlink name is the analog
card, the dvb cards won't open in "input connections" after inserting
the symlink name, or they pop back to "adapter(0or1)/frontend0" if I
re-select them in "Capture Cards". After going back through some old
threads, thanks Bill and Yianni, I created a
"/etc/modprobe.d/dvb-options.conf file". On a re-boot there was a
complaint about one of the "options" so I commented it out. There are
only two dvb cards, since the options.conf file directs one card to
"adapter0" the second should get "adapter1" each time, right? Testing
is currently in its infancy, but if I can avoid any bumps in the road
I would appreciate further direction. Thanks   Daryl