[mythtv-users] Refresh Rate Too Low (VDPAU)

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Mon Feb 24 17:15:38 UTC 2014

On 24.02.2014 17:33, John Baab wrote:
> I am seeing the following entry in my logs on two different boxes:
> Video sync method can't support double framerate (refresh rate too low
> for 2x deint)

we need lots more input!

> Both of these should be able to handle Advanced 2x deinterlacing.  I'm
> using the VDPAU High profile.
>
> I have the an ION2 box and a GT 430 with nvidia version
> 304.116-0ubuntu0.0.1 on both.
> Attached TVs have refresh rates of 120 and 600 MHz.

Can you show us your x log file, so we can see what refresh rates xorg /
HDMI came up with?

> MythTV version 2:0.27.0+fixes.20140202.4ee21a4-0ubuntu0mythbuntu2 on both.

look good.

Can you tell us what you are trying to play back? There are open bug
reports like https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/12047 that might be
related.

Also can you post the frontend log from start to "...can't support
double..."? (maybe with -v playback)

Regards,
Karl