[mythtv-users] My upgrade from Mythbuntu 10.10 to 12.04

Will Dormann wdormann at gmail.com
Sun Feb 23 02:44:43 UTC 2014

On 2/22/14, 9:01 PM, Stephen Worthington wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Feb 2014 11:56:48 -0500, you wrote:
>> With this change, I found that it was hanging on K19lirc.  My workaround
>> here is to remove both /etc/rc0.d/K19lirc and /etc/rc6.d/K19lirc.  I
>> can't imagine any negative aspect of rebooting without "cleaning up"
>> lircd, or whatever K19lirc is doing.  But the system reboots fine now.
>
> I have a similar problem on my laptop, which I have not yet figured
> out the exact cause for.  In my case, I found that unplugging my
> Hauppauge HVR-900 R2 USB tuner before shutting down fixed the problem.
> So I would be interested to know if you have a Hauppauge tuner with an
> IR remote interface that might be causing the lockup for you.

I have a homebrew IR receiver that lives on a serial port.   I also have
an HD-PVR, which also has an IR receiver and transmitter, but I don't
use either.    I'm not sure which may be related to the problem, but if
removing the shutdown script was enough to address the shutdown problem,
that's good enough for me!

-WD