[mythtv-users] Version problems: one of two frontends says "requires an updated database"

Barry btm.maillist at gmail.com
Sat Feb 22 21:32:07 UTC 2014

I'm setting up my first MythTV system. Backend (LinHes) is recording
through a HDHomeRun. The troublesome frontend is Ubuntu, and I've changed
it from backend+frontend to frontend only. The second frontend was just for
testing on my Macbook, and it works fine (well, some issues, but it is wifi
and no video card, so I count it as a passed test.)

The ubuntu systems frontend says at start "This version of MythTV requires
an updated database. (schema is 18 versions behind). Please run
mythtv-setup or mythbackend to update your database".

All three systems report:

MythTV Branch : fixes/0.27
Network Protocol : 77
Library API : 0.27.20140103-1

and small differences in the MythTV Version and QT version. (I'll attach
the details.) There isn't a mythtv-setup or a mythbackend on the ubuntu
system, which are the programs that the error dialog suggests. Any idea why
one frontend is working, and the other is not?

Attachment includes "uname -a" and "myth[front,back]end --version" from
each system.