[mythtv-users] How to stop metadata lookups for recordings?

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 22:55:58 UTC 2014

Mythbuntu, Mythtv 0.27

Several Issues:
Despite having "Allow metadata jobs" on the backend disabled as per here:
  http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Enhancing_Recordings_with_Metadata_Lookup#Allowing_Your_Backend_to_Perform_Metadata_Lookups

I'm getting dozens of Metadata lookup jobs being launched. This is a huge
problem for me as I have a shitty internet connection and the jobs never seem
to complete.

New recording rules always have "Look up metadata" set by default. Despite
what is said here:

  http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Enhancing_Recordings_with_Metadata_Lookup#Configuring_Recordings_to_Always_Grab_Extra_Metadata

There's is no "Default Job Queue Setting for New Scheduled Recordings" in the
"General (Jobs)" screen.

--
Lindsay