Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Fri Feb 21 15:08:52 UTC 2014

If you intend to actively participate in the mailing list, do not use
digest email.  It breaks threading.

On 2/21/2014 7:54 AM, velberrocks wrote:
> When installing a sat antenna I would have to place the Sat>IP Server in our sleeping room. You are right, I also could use MythTV as backend for the whole house. But the MythTV box has active components (hard disk and fans). These are specially selected silent components - but I think I would hear them at night.

You could take a look at NessieDVB.  It's a little dual DVB-S2 ARM box
that speaks the Linux vtuner protocol, so you could map its tuners on
your master backend as if they were locally connected.

> And in addition I would have to buy several MythTV frontends for full functionality.

MythTV does not play nicely with others.  It expects dedicated access to
any hardware it has configured.  It can't very well schedule recordings
if this requirement is not met.  By default, it will lock access to all
tuners it has configured as soon as it starts, preventing other
applications from using them.